At the bottom of every major business’ website, you see a button asking you to “Subscribe to Our Newsletter,” but have you ever wondered why that button exists? The truth is that the most successful companies use email marketing to drive sales and customer loyalty. To find out how they do this, we must dive into the world of email marketing.
Why Do Customers Subscribe to Newsletters?
If you think customers subscribe to your newsletter for a multitude of reasons, you might be wrong. A 2014 Nielsen study noted only two major reasons customers subscribe to company newsletters:
- 28 percent of online shoppers subscribe to stay informed about a company
- 27 percent of online shoppers subscribe in order to save money
With this information, you now know that over half of your subscribers want to either hear company news or receive a discount for subscribing. You also know that if you offer the right discount, 27 percent of your email subscribers are likely to use it, driving your sales during the promotion period.
What Can Email Marketing Do for Me?
By creating an email marketing campaign, you are creating a direct connection to your best customers. When sending emails periodically, businesses are constantly building a relationship with their customers and continually giving them a reason to come back.
Some studies suggest that over 50 percent of people check their email hourly! Your emails can promote current specials, remind customers of deals or simply update subscribers on your business’ news. In any of these cases, your business benefits from increased customer engagement, targeted branding and possibly sales!
Tips for Email Marketing
So now you know what your customers want and how it can help you, but before you begin an email marketing campaign there are four tips from EmailMonday that you should follow:
- Do not send too many emails. Send them once per week at most, always at the same time.
- Send relevant content to your subscribers. You already know what they want; send it to them!
- Make it BIG! Users often complain about their emails being too small to read.
- Make sure your website and email are mobile-friendly for your mobile email subscribers.
Call Thoughtwire at (800) 367-2570 or contact Thoughtwire here to get started on your email marketing campaign.